Recently our government warned us about energy bills soaring as the chills set in this winter. Here are 5 TOP TIPS to save energy and stay warm this winter.
- Wear more jumpers, socks and slippers around the house, and put an extra blanket on the bed so you won't be tempted to turn on the heating all the time.
- Save time and cook up. If you're going to use the oven, bake a few meals at a time to get the most out of having your oven on. If your cooker has a small ring, use a small pan.
- You might only be heating up a small meal, but doing so in a big pan wastes a lot of energy.
- Heat your home with cooking. Leave the oven door open after cooking to let the heat warm your kitchen. The oven will give off enough heat to warm your kitchen.
- Be efficient with appliances. Unplug all the appliances that you are not using regularly -even chargers continue to use electricity when they aren't charging. Also, make sure you're not leaving appliances on standby. Enjoy a nice cup of tea every now and again.
For more information please visit http://www.uswitch.com.
Festival of Life UK has registered with Easyfundraising to help all our members save money on everything they purchase via the internet.